Our Life In A Slideshow!

Monday, July 19, 2010

Callused

So, I didn't realize that I had posted the flyer twice! I really must be losing it! Sorry about that!

One time while we were at the doctor's office (The Cardiologist), he told us that we have become callused to everything that is happening to Stewart. We had just told him that things were getting better, Stewart was only passing out around 6 times a day! He looked at us, shook his head, and said, "What do you think someone else would do if they were passing out that much?" I guess it's true. If someone you loved, or if you were fainting 6 times a day, you would get yourself into the ER and have yourself admitted until they fix what ever is causing it. We on the other hand don't do that. We don't go to the ER, because the few times that we have, nothing happens. We don't get Stewart admitted to the hospital, because if we had done that, we would STILL be there!

BUT I am not callused when Stewart passes out for so long that I have to do CPR on him. I am NOT used to that. In fact up until yesterday, it was something that had never happened. I have been close to calling 911 numerous times. I have been close to getting Stewart in the car and taking him to the ER even more times. I have even thought about doing CPR on him, but he's always come out of it. He's always been just fine. He's always woken up on his own. ALWAYS. Except yesterday.

Yesterday started out like every other day has lately. Stewart passed out a ton before we got out of bed. He wasn't feeling good. We tried to do everything we normally do on Sunday's. Get ready for church and everything, but it just wasn't meant to be.

I've never been so scared. I've never thought that things were coming to an end. An end that I NEVER want to have happen. I really thought that it was the end. Stewart even asked me if he was dying. What am I supposed to say to that? How am I supposed to put on a happy face and tell him that everything is fine? I don't know how to do it. I just do it. Every day. I do it. And until this is over, until Stewart is better, I will continue to do it. I will continue to be the person that he can rely on everyday. The person that he can turn to for help and for reassurance.

Everyday.

5 comments:

Wes and Dani said...

Wow that is so scary, Ciera! I hope that you guys can get this fixed very soon!

Crystal said...

How scary! I am so impressed by your determination and hope. Hopefully today is a better day.

kati said...

Hey there... stumbled across your blog... HOW CAN I HELP? I am in Vancouver BC... I don't have very much money... but I make and sell aprons... could you use one??? to Auction??? I can't find an e-mail... stop in to my blog tell me if I can some how help.

Chan! said...

Ciera,
I can't believe how much support you are getting! This is awesome!! I don't really know how I can help, but we have those magnetboards we could donate some of those if you wanted.

Anonymous said...

You should put a box at the top saying how much you have earned and also explain what the money is being allocated for. I think that motivates people to help.