Our Life In A Slideshow!

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Another Day

So, Stewart told me that I should write more about what is going on with him, so here ya go.

Tonight, Stewart has passed out 8 times. He'll be okay for a minute, then go out again. It's not very fun. It's weird because the kids can tell when something is wrong. Keagan starts crying, and Hayden will usually help me, but sometimes he gets antsy. Tonight he decided that he was going to help by pouring water out all over Stewart's face, just as he woke up and breathed in. Not a fun experience. Really though. At least he's trying to help. At least he's not purposely getting into trouble while Stewart's sick.

Stewart watched Hayden the other night while I went to the neighbor's house to help (I was supposed to help, but I had Keagan, and he didn't want me to put him down) make bows for the auction. Stewart had Hayden alone just long enough to put him in bed and then walk downstairs, when I got a phone call from him. He told me that he had just passed out and bumped his head. Apparently what happened was this: Stewart took Hayden to bed, said prayers, and left the room. He started walking down the stairs and started to feel sick, so he sat down. He had his legs straight out not propped against the stairs and felt like he was going to pass out, so he sat up a little to fix his feet so he wouldn't slide down the stairs. When he sat up, he passed out and hit his head against one of the rails on the stairs. He got a nasty looking bruise. He sent me a picture. I showed the girls that I was with and left not too long after that.

That was on Sunday. Today is Thursday, and the bruise is gone. (I wish that when I fell and got hurt, my bruises would go away that fast!)

I get phone calls like that everytime I leave Stewart alone. Mostly because he thinks that he can take just ONE MORE STEP. But what am I supposed to do? Not go out? Not take care of the things I have to take care of? I ask him to sit, to stay where he is, and he usually does. It's just he has to use the bathroom, or something like that.

I don't leave very often. I don't leave for very long. And I don't leave him with one of the kids by himself, unless they are going to sleep or already asleep.

Have you ever spent EVERYDAY with your spouse/boyfriend/anyone? It's hard. Sure you love them. But you need a break. You really do. Stewart and I have been married for 3 1/2 years, we've spent over a year of it together 24/7.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to say, keep on blogging. I know it's tough, but you are brave and wonderful to put yourself out there. I gave you an award, go check it out! I love your blog, you inspire me!
Brandy
lifeofperks.blogspot.com