Our Life In A Slideshow!

Sunday, August 1, 2010

Fundraiser

The fundraiser was last night, and it was a HUGE success! I can't even tell you how awesome it was!

We got there early to help set everything up. Stewart wasn't feeling well, so he tried to help as much as he could, but kept passing out, we eventually made him just sit on a chair with someone by him all the time.

We were putting the final auction items out when people started arriving. It was so cool to see how many people came out! As I walked around talking to people (in between taking care of Stewart and the kids) I met a family that came, just because they heard it on the radio! Really? People actually do that? I couldn't believe it. Then, I met the girls from deMirour Image. They all came because they got a flyer! They also posted about it on their cute blog!  They took a picture with Stewart. It was sweet! We really appreciated them.

Our friend's Brent and Lorie brought some people from Lorie's work (AWESOME!). Our Family doctor, and his nurse came with their families. Seriously, we live in THE most AMAZING place! There were a few families that came from my parent's neighborhood (they live an hour and a half away!) AND my Uncle Bruce drove up BY HIMSELF!!! I can't believe the support and response we got from people.

The dinner was DELICIOUS!!! Thanks to everyone that served (Stewart's sisters, mom and dad, and the Young Men and Women). Thanks especially to Firehouse, Old Grist Mill, and Casper's.

The Silent Auction was awesome! Almost everything got sold.

The Live Auction was a BLAST!!! Thank you Brother and Sister Erickson for being the Auctioneers! They got pretty much everything sold too.

Stewart suddenly got a fever last night. He left as the Live Auction was getting started. He passed out a lot while he was there and just felt really bad. He was sad that he couldn't stay longer, but it was best that he went home.

Everyone helped out so much! My parent's donated a bunch of stuff (those caramels I told you about? They're gone! All of them! I didn't even get one!). My sister, my sweet little sister, one of my BEST friends, donated 2 of her prom dresses! (They sold for REALLY cheap! I felt bad, but she was happy she could help.) My parent's neighbor donated some Edgers. Stewart's sisters and mom donated blankets, bags and bows. I couldn't believe it! I made a carseat/ nursing cover.

Thank you most of all to Tiesha and Jessica! Seriously, you two are amazing! Jessica, I truly do believe that you have been our guardian angel! Everything you touch turns to gold. And last night was no exception! Tiesha, thank you for taking the time away from your sick baby to help us. I know how hard it is to have a sick family member and being away from them is hard.

I've got pictures, but unfortunately they are all on my Dad's camera... So, I'll have to post them when I get them!

BUT our GRAND TOTAL from last night (and the money that was collected at the auction) is....

$4,018.51!!!!!!


That makes our total with everything we've been given including last night....


$6,300.51!!!!!!!!


We're almost there! Just a little bit more! Thank you EVERYONE!!! I'm going to try to do my on-line auction as soon as we get the items that weren't sold last night sorted out! Keep checking back for more info and for pictures!

4 comments:

Wes and Dani said...

Glad to hear it was a success!!! Wish we could've been there. :)

Chan! said...

Ciera,
You are one of my best friends too.
Last night I cant even tell you how many times I wanted to cry!! I could not believe all the love and support you were getting. I am so grateful that so many people went out of their way to help our family.
I hope that you can raise the rest of them money and I am so excited that you have raised as much as you have so quickly.
I love you.

Donnette said...

Dont forget your Grandma Moore gave 2 quilts and lots of other stuff. Glad it was a success.

Crystal said...

I'm so happy it was a success. It sounds like a wonderful night. What sweet people.