Our Life In A Slideshow!

Friday, August 20, 2010


So, we've been in Minnesota since Tuesday night. It's been a crazy couple of days, so I haven't had a chance to update anyone, but here ya go! What we've done since we got here:

The plane rides were good. We spent the whole day getting on and off planes. It was tiring, but Stewart was able to make it through the airports without too many problems. We got to our hotel at about 11:15 pm and decided that we were going to just go to bed, and go to the ER in the morning.

We got up in the morning and went into St. Mary's Hospital's Emergency Room. (We had to do this so that we could get an appointment with the doctor faster.) We got right in and they took us back to a room. There was a sign on the wall that said that EVERY patient had to get dressed in a gown, so we were expecting someone to come give us one or something. Instead a nurse came in and asked us what was going on. While we were telling her about Stewart, the Doctor came in. We finished telling them what was going on, and they told us to just go over to the Mayo Clinic (which is a separate building) and check to see if there happened to be a missed appointment for the Cardiologist.

We went to the Clinic, got checked in, and sat and waited from 12:30 to just before 4. Stewart was in a wheelchair, because he wasn't feeling well. I had to go to the bathroom, so I asked the lady at the desk to keep an eye on him. When I came back, I found Stewart on the floor with 3 different ladies around him. He had passed out and fell out of his chair! Soon an ambulance came. We decided that since we had waited all day for an appointment and we still hadn't gotten one, that we'd go the the ER again. The ride in the ambulance was uneventful, which was good. The guy that was first on the scene after Stewart passed out, said that he felt Stewart's heart out of rhythm.

When we got to the ER, they did an EKG, chest X-Ray, and gave him an IV. Eventually they decided that they needed to keep him over night to watch him. (You wouldn't believe how HUGE this hospital is! It's seriously a 1/2 mile down a few hallways from the ER to where his room was!) Another doctor came in to talk to us, and we told him the whole story again. He scheduled a bunch of tests, and then released us! It was the shortest hospital stay ever!

We got up early in the morning, and Stewart got a Holter Monitor on. Then, we got blood drawn. Then he had an Echocardiogram done. Then after lunch, we waited in the waiting room at the Neurologist's office to try and get an appointment with one of them. We waited for almost 4 hours there. When they were no longer taking patients, we walked around a little street fair they do on Thursdays and went back to the hotel. You wouldn't think that waiting around is tiring, but it is.

I am sitting in an office waiting room at St. Mary's. Stewart is having a Tilt Table Test done. It checks how his blood pressure reacts to changing angles quickly. He's going to be back there for a little bit longer, so I'm just passing the time! This afternoon at 4, we get to meet with a Cardiologist! We are so excited! I hope that we get some answers from him. We're told he's really good. He trained with one of our cardiologist's in UT! Cross your fingers for us!


Chan! said...

I have been praying for you and I know that things are going to work out for you!
I love you guys and I am so excited that you guys made it to Minnesota! It makes me want to cry just thinking about all the people who helped you get there.
I love you.

Anonymous said...

thank you for the updates. We have been thinking about you two and hoping you will find some answers soon! We miss you!

Wes and Dani said...

I'm glad they are being aggressive and doing tests. Update as soon as you have anything conclusive--we're anxious to hear what they can do for Stewart!

Anonymous said...

Any word yet?