Our Life In A Slideshow!

Sunday, August 8, 2010

Safety Concerns

I've been told by a few people, including a comment on my last post, that we need to make sure that Stewart is careful with the kids. I just want everyone to know that we are VERY careful. If Stewart doesn't feel well, he doesn't hold the kids. He stays away from them as much as possible. I have seen Stewart get hurt too many times to put my kids in that situation too. Stewart no longer drives. He doesn't work. He doesn't go anywhere alone. He doesn't do much of anything. Sometimes I will need to leave him home by himself, but that doesn't happen very often either. We have spent almost everyday (only separated because I got sick when he had his last surgery) of the past year together.

When Stewart fell down the stairs, it wasn't because he passed out. It was because he slipped. He missed a step, and lost his balance. He was trying to walk down the stairs with the lights off because Keagan was asleep. He passed out AFTER he fell. I just want people to know that we are being careful.

Can you imagine if everything that you once did for your family was taken away from you? You were told that you couldn't work. You couldn't hold your kids whenever you wanted. You couldn't drive your family around. You couldn't do any of the things that you want and need to do for your family. That's how life is for Stewart. He can't work, because it's a HUGE liability on us and his employer. He can't hold the boys all the time or when he's alone, because if he starts feeling sick, he might not be able to put them down. He can't drive because of the obvious.

He really can't do much. So, what he can do, he does. He helps me as much as possible. Putting the baby in bed, was helping me. I had just has surgery, and couldn't walk up and down the stairs a lot, so he was helping me.

I love my boys. All three of them. I don't want anything bad to happen to them. If I felt AT ALL like one of my baby's was in danger, I wouldn't let Stewart hold them. I don't let him. I know when things are getting bad. You can't be together as much as we have and not know.

Thank you for your concern. I hope that clarifying things helps everyone know a little bit more about what is going on with us.

1 comment:

BMK3 said...

I am sure you are SO careful! That is honestly the hardest thing ever, I feel bad for poor stewart, how hard would it be to not do all the things you were once able to do, I know that while mike is away at work he hates that he cant be holding his son, I cant even imagine how hard it is for stewart at times! The Lord will bless you and your family! Hang in there!